Course in Exhibition Design
IDEA Italian Association Exhibition Designers
LABA Free Academy of Fine Arts
Exhibition design advanced training course for museums, art and cultural events. The course is aimed at graduated in Architecture, Design, Art Academies, Humanities (Arts, Cultural Heritage) and Communication Academy.
The teaching consists of the most qualified Exhibition Designers, associated with IDEA.
The course aims to train a figure of Exhibition Designer able to realize a project with Museum Departments, Curators, Organizers, Public Administration.
The expected employment opportunities are:
- Responsible for Exhibition Design in the public administration of the Culture and Museums
- Exhibition design managers in institutions, foundations, associations of a public and private nature
- Executives, designers and creatives in companies operating in the exhibition setting
- Highly qualified freelance
The intensive course, of 120 hours with a compulsory attendance (80% of lesson hours to be guaranteed), is divided into two parts.
A first module of about 20 hours of lessons on:
- Museography history
- Exhibition theory and history
- History of applied graphics
- Languages of contemporary art
A second module of 100 hours of design workshops, including visits to museums and cultural institutions related to the topics covered.
The course will be held in Italian and English.
3 weeks in September 2019. The duration will be six days a week, for around 6/7 hours a day. Start date: September 9th.
Registration ends on June 14th . Coordination Perla GIANNI FALVO (Pres. ADI Florence)
Place of the course
The course is held at the LABA headquarters in Florence in Piazza Badia a Ripoli 1/a
Number of participants
Minimum 15 – Maximum 25
Participation in the Summer School is a privileged title in the evaluation of access to the IDEA Master in Exhibition Design (Polytechnic of Milan)
The final certification will be issued by the LABA of Florence